From the first online casinos in Antigua and Barbuda to a large network of gambling platforms around the world, online blackjack has come a long way to becoming a game that is accessible to every gambling enthusiast. Modern technologies provide the opportunity to play free online blackjack with other players through a web browser and right on the go through mobile devices. As one of the most popular card games, blackjack gathers millions of players at virtual tables around the world. Thrilling gameplay, excellent winning odds and social aspect of online blackjack make you immersed in the gaming process and open a wide opportunities to make good profit.
To get started, you need to know all the necessary information about the game, including the basic rules, betting strategies and versions available. We are here to give you important knowledge so you can play blackjack online free with other players.
How to Play Blackjack Online
As modern technology is growing rapidly, now you are offered the following options:
- Play blackjack machines that simulate a real blackjack gameplay.
- Play free online blackjack with other players – multiplayer or live dealer versions.
- Play on the go via smartphone or tablet.
As for the live dealer version, thanks to the high-quality video broadcast from the casino studio, you can enjoy the atmosphere and social aspect of this game without leaving your home.
Essentials of the Game
The rules of the game are simple, exciting and provide good opportunities for strategic thinking. Check below what you need to know about how to play free online blackjack with other players and win money.
- A standard set of 52 cards per deck is used. Many casinos shuffle cards together from several decks. When using 4 or more decks, cards are dealt from shoe.
- The object of the game is to collect 21 points or a hand close to this value. Going over total of 21 means you have lose.
- Ace is worth 1 or 11 points, face cards are 1 and other cards are worth their pip value.
- Before the cards are dealt, players place their bets. The range of available bets is set by the casino.
- Each player receives 2 cards face up while the dealer receives one card face down and a second open card.
- Playing free online blackjack with other players, you can hit (request another card) or stand (do not ask for a card). The dealer takes additional cards until he scores 17 points or more after which he must stand.
At the end of the hand, the winner is determined by the most points scored (but not more than 21 points). In this case, players can use insurance and double down if it is profitable.
Winning tactics require the player to play optimally taking into account the dealer’s open card. If the dealer’s open card is 4-6, you must stop drawing after reaching 12+ points. If the up-card is 7-10, you should not stop drawing until 17 is reached. With a bad dealer’s up-card (2-3) you should stop drawing with a total of 13+ points. Also, having total of 11, you should double down. You can also apply this technique with total of 10 or 9 if the dealer does not have 10 or Ace or if the dealer has 2-6, respectively.
If you want to play free online blackjack with other players for real money, you can choose between the following versions:
- Super Fun 21, with its round of betting before cards are dealt, offers an exciting gaming experience as it allows players to ‘hit’, ‘stand’, ‘double’ or ‘surrender’ during the time.
- Double Attack Blackjack with 4 ten-valued cards are excluded allows to double initial bet after players receive their 2 cards and also to move surrender anywhere.
- Triple 7’s Blackjack with its side bet allows players to fight for a large progressive jackpot.
There are many more variations of the game (with some deviations from the classical rules) that deserve your attention. Learn about the house edge for each version to choose the best option to play free online blackjack with other players and have fun.